irms -To be able to successfully register a company in Kenya, one is required to go through some documentation that is not so rigorous as expected.
However, some of the documents you will be required to complete include a completed Form CR 1 which you can get by downloading from eCitizen Portal, Statement of Capital, Articles and Memorandum of Association, Directors and shareholders details( upload scanned copies of their ID/Passports, KRA PIN certificate, recent coloured passports photographs). Remember all of them must be registered on the iTax platform. Also their official residential address including anyone who may be living outside the country.
The procedure below will therefore enable you to successfully go through this process of registration-
Log in to your eCitizen account. If you don’t have an account already, click on the ‘Create an account’ button which will guide you on the simple process, once done, the system will send you an email verification. Click on the link shared to activate your account
- Once logged in, you will be able to see the various government agencies you can interact with on display
- Click on the ‘Business Registration Service’ button from the various options
- You will then be redirected to a page that will prompt you to make an application
- Click on ‘Make Application’
- You will then be prompted to select the type of company you want to register, click on ‘Apply Now’ under the type of the company you want to register
- Fill the online form to search and reserve your company name, and upload the required documents
- Pay the stipulated fees and wait for feedback on your application from the Registrar of Companies.
The good thing about the whole process that it was shifted from the conventional tedious paper work to fully online and therefore much easier. The only time you may be forced to travel to Nairobi is when you want to collect the original Registration Certificate.
Work Online from home and Earn a Decent Income Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us