Systems and Applications -Interior Ministry has confirmed system restoration in the Directorate of Criminal Investigation DCI Police Clearance department.
On Friday September 8, the Directorate of Criminal Investigations DCI announced the full resumption of police clearance certificate services.
“The processing of Police Clearance Certificates at DCI Headquarters has been fully restored after a duration of system upgrade”.
According to the DCI, an attempt to clear an existing backlog of applications had resulted in temporary system hitches. Thus, the DCI was forced to manually process applications. However, manual processing was offered only for specific cases.
This meant that for the majority of Kenyans, access to the certificates had been halted. Going forward, the DCI promised to expedite its services after bringing the system back online.
In the long-term, the department is planning to move from the current Automated Palm and Fingerprint Identification System (APFIS) to a Multi-Biometric Identification System (MBIS) for efficient service delivery.
Additionally, it now no longer required to set a specific date to have your fingerprints taken. Previously, applicants had to book a date via the e-Citizen portal. However, applicants still have to select which DCI fingerprinting station they prefer.
In the past, the DCI issued Certificates of Good Conduct to Kenyans. This has since been replaced by the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). The main difference is that applicants with criminal records were not issued with the Certificate of Good Conduct. On the contrary, the PCC is issued to all applicants.
The PCC is applied fully online. You do not need to make a physical appearance at any of your Huduma or Police Stations because the documents can be processed via the E-Citizen.
To make an online application for the Police Clearance Certificate PCC, you need to follow the following steps:
- Go to the E-citizen website ecitizen.go.ke
- Log into your account assuming you have already created one
- After logging in, select the Directorate of Criminal Investigations section from the dashboard menu. Click on it
- Next, click on ‘Make Application’
- On the next screen, click on the Police Clearance Certificate (Adult)
- Scroll down and click on APPLY NOW
- Make sure you read all the presented instruction carefully
- Then, fill out the details being asked on the application form and then click on CONTINUE
- The next screen will show the details you have put in before submission. After checking them, click SUBMIT
- In the next step, you are asked to make a payment. M-PESA is the popular option, so choose it. The cost is KES 1000
- After making a payment and received confirmation for the same on your phone, then you can complete your application by clicking on COMPLETE
- Lastly, download the C24 form and 2 copies of the payment receipt. These will be required for further processing. At the picking point (at DCI Offices for fingerprint recording and processing), you will also need to bring yourself, your national ID card and its photocopy or a birth certificate and its copy for those under the age of 18 (whose application can be completed by their guardians)
Work Online from home and Earn a Decent Income Email: email@example.com or WhatsApp us